2022 NCAA D-I Outdoor T&F Championships: Male Athletes to Watch
The NCAA D-I Outdoor Track and Field Championships are set to run this week from June 8-11th at Hayward Field, in Eugene, Oregon! There are so many great athletes to look out for — here are a few of the male athletes that are killing it and will be competing in a variety of events this weekend. While this list of athletes is short, just know it's only a snapshot of the amazing males in collegiate track and field right now. Is there an athlete not on our list that's on yours?
Micah Williams - University of Oregon
- Micah Williams’ time of 9.86 seconds over 100m highlighted the Oregon Ducks track & field team’s performance at the NCAA West Preliminary meet.
- His 9.86 ties him for the third-fastest collegiate time on record and is tied for No. 2 on the world rankkig list this year.
- Pac-12 Men’s Track Athlete of the Year
- Indoor – NCAA champion (60 meters)
- At the Peak Championships in 2021, Micah lowered his own school mark and became the No. 7 performer in collegiate history with winning time of 6.49 at the Championships at the Peak.
- Three-time Gatorade Oregon Boy’s Track and Field Runner of the Year
Ross Randolph - North Carolina A&T State University
- 200m in 20.26 (+1.7m/s) at Dick Vert Stadium, High Point, NC (USA)
- Randolph ran a 45.37 in the men's 400 meters to finish in first place at the Clemson Invite held at the Clemson Indoor Track & Field Facility.
- He is ranked ninth nationally for the Men’s 200m
- 2021 U.S. Olympic Team Trials, bronze (400-meter)
- 2021 NCAA Outdoor Championships, gold
- One-time Olympian (2020), one-time Olympic medalist (gold)
- Olympic Games Tokyo 2020, 26th (400-meter), gold (4x400-meter relay)
Moad Zahafi - Texas Tech University
- 2022 The Bowerman Watchlist
- On 16 April 2022, he ran a world-leading time of 1:43.79 at the Tom Jones Memorial recording the third-fastest time in NCAA history.
- He represented Morocco at the 2019 Summer Universiade in Naples, Italy, winning a silver medal in the process in the men's 800m.
- Reached the final in his respective event at both the 2019 African Games and 2019 World Championships.
Eliud Kipsang - University of Alabama
- 2022 Southeastern Conference Outdoor Track and Field Runner of the Year.
- 2022 The Bowerman Watchlist
- With a time of 3:33.74, Kipsang set a collegiate record in the men's 1,500-meter at the Bryan Clay Invitational in mid April.
- Kipsang was named the SEC Cross Country Runner of the Year in the Fall of 2021.
- 2021 First Team All-American - 1,500 meters
- 2021 First Team All-American - Mile
Emmanuel Ihemeje - University of Oregon
- Won the men’s triple jump during the final day of the NCAA Indoor Track & Field Championship meet (55 feet, 2 3/4 inches)
- 16.83m to take the men’s triple jump championship at the NCAA Indoor Championships.
- PAC-12 Championship meet- 16.71m/54-10
- 2021 NCAA champion (triple jump)
- Emmanuel entered the NCAA Championships with the sixth-best qualifying mark
- 2021 Outdoor – Olympian (triple jump/Italy) … NCAA champion (triple jump) … Pac-12 Championships runner-up
Adrian Piperi - University of Texas
- NCAA Team Champion - 2022 Indoor
- 2022 Academic All-Big 12 First Team
- 2022 Big 12 Outdoor Championships Champion - Shot Put - Won the shot put event with a throw of 21.53m.
- 2022 USTFCCCA First Team All-American - Shot Put
- 2021 USTFCCCA All-American - Shot Put
- 2021 Big 12 Outdoor Champion - Shot Put - 19.80m/64'11.5"
- 2020 USTFCCCA All-American – Shot Put
Ethan Dabbs - University of Virginia
- Placed third in the Javelin at the Duke Invitational
- Set a Virginia, ACC, Lannigan Field, and meet record in the Javelin at the Virginia Challenge with his throw of 80.41m (263’10”).
- Named ACC Field Performer of the Week on April 26
- All-American 2019: Javelin
- ACC Champion 2021 Outdoor: Javelin and 2019 Outdoor: Javelin
- Won title with season-best throw of 71.45m (234′ 5″)
Kyle Garland - University of Georgia
- Became the No. 5 all-time collegiate performer and tied the SEC record with his third straight conference heptathlon title after scoring 6,205 points at the SEC Championships.
- Collected a First Team All-America certificate in the hep with a second-place finish at the NCAA Championships
- Destroyed the collegiate decathlon record with 8,720 points and qualified to be on Team USA for the coming World Athletics Championships at the USA Track & Field Combined Events Championships in Fayetteville, Ark
- 2020-21 SEC Indoor Champion (Heptathlon)
- 2021 SEC Outdoor Champion (Decathlon)
- 2020 voted the SEC Men's Freshman Field Athlete of the Year
Click here to take a glimpse of our female athletes watch list for the NCAA D-I Outdoor Track and Field Championships. This is just a small snapshot from the pool of amazing track and field athletes!
If there is anyone else on your watch list, let us know on Instagram!
Processing your application
There was an error sending the email, please try again
Great!Check your inbox and click the link to confirm your subscription
Back to Homepage